Harwood & Associates (Sussex) Ltd. – Privacy Notice
We are Harwood and Associates (Sussex) Ltd.
Our representative for Data Privacy purposes is: Mr Terry E. Harwood at our business address: 3a Barclays Farm Estate, West Chiltington Lane, Coneyhurst, BILLINGSHURST, West Sussex. RH14 9DN
Our legal basis for dealing with personal data we collect from you is our Legitimate Interests in operating our business and providing you with services and materials you request.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to:
- deal with any enquiries we receive from you;
- administer your request to provide the services and products you order from us;
- enable the process of carrying out services for you at your request. We may need to pass your personal data to our suppliers to enable delivery of materials; to a colleague business (eg: electrician, carpenter or tiler) to enable them to provide their services as part of the service we are carrying out for you.
- enable us to take any corrective action (including a product recall) which may be required in respect of any of the products we supply to you;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules;
- to notify you of changes to what we do;
- for the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment.
We will never pass your details on to another company or companies for marketing purposes.
The personal information we collect is:
We collect this information from you when you contact us, either by telephone, email, through our website, by letter, or in person.
Harwood and Associates (Sussex) Ltd. complies with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations by storing your data securely, by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; by ensuring appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data, and by destroying your data securely at the end of our retention period.
Internally within our company, our retention period for your personal data is no longer than necessary, considering information needed for product guarantees or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements, and for accounting purposes the HMRC statutory requirement of 7 years, your personal data will then be removed in the 8th year.
Your rights in relation to your personal information:
You have a right to
- be informed about, and have access to our data notice information;
expect fair processing of your data;
- request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information;
- right to have any incorrect data rectified;
- request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances. You are able to withdraw your consent for us to pass your personal data to the third parties mentioned above, except for statutory/legal requirements, but you would then (for example), have no manufacturer guarantee for your product, nor could we deal with a product recall.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office;
If your personal data is not obtained from you, then you have a right to know where this came from, and for us to provide you with our Privacy Notice within 30 days.
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address above.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us at any time via email or by post as above.